Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fontana dei Quattro Fuimi


Finally, I have settled on a theme for the place I will write about, Piazza Navona. I chose this place because it is a place I often go and I love the three fountains through its center. I am also intrigued to learn about the many buildings surrounding this famous Piazza. The first thing you will probably notice entering the piazza is the Fontana dei Quattro Fuimi, a great fountain in the center of the piazza. Many friends and I have sat in front of this fountain and taken pictures, which is a popular tourist attraction. There are also many salesmen surrounding this fountain, because it is such a tourist hot spot. Rising high above the fountain is an Egyptian obelisk, which is inscripted with heiroglyphics.

References:
http://www.romaonline.net/Contents/Luoghi_Txt/Tour_it/agonale/fontnavona

No comments:

Post a Comment