Monday, May 18, 2009

Beach Fashion

Today was the first of many beach days. The beach is about an hour ride on the metro, which is completely worth it. There are a lot of different things about the Italian beaches than American ones. Mostly its the fashion trends, many of the men are wearing speedos and extremely tight bathing suits. The women follow suit, what most of them wear would not be legal in the United States. Another strange piece that was disturbing is that the age cut off for girls to wear tops is not exactly distinguished. As far as the sandals and shoes go, I did not notice anyone wearing them. I am pretty sure that most people choose to go barefoot and do not bring sandals with them. I am sure the beach will be an ongoing trend in many of my blogs, it was a great finish to my first weekend in Rome.

No comments:

Post a Comment