Sunday, June 7, 2009

Pretty Sneaky

The other night I was sitting on the outside of the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi and was approached by a man. Before I had the chance to walk away he started weaving something around my wrist, it was some sort of bracelet. After a small conversation with the man, in which he asked me about my studies and if I enjoyed Rome, he asked for fifteen Euro. I neglected to pay anything at first, telling him I had no money. He then kept hassling me so I told him I had a bit of change and gave him a few coins. He was a younger guy who spoke good English, and he started laughing at the low payment. It was at this point that he said "You're good, you should come work for me." Referring to how I was able to be so sly when dealing with his business.

No comments:

Post a Comment